Pages

Monday 12 August 2013

ANDREW RAE

THECRUZCOLLECTIVE_Illustrator_AndrewRae1_660x1200 THECRUZCOLLECTIVE_Illustrator_AndrewRae2_660x1200

I first saw Andrew Rae's work while I was living in London 2009. I went on a art gallery crawl in Shoreditch and Bethnal Green. I spotted one of his prints at Concrete Hermit's Gallery Opening - I even had the photo of the print (click here to see).

It was a mono print illustration of different characters, all with something humorous about them. I spent a while just staring at the print, reading and imagining the different narratives that each character had and how they related to each other. I was in love!!

My last year living in London I went to the Somerset House for the 'Pick Me Up Exhibition'. Andrew Rae had his work presented alongside his Illustration Collective 'Peepshow'. I fell in love with one of his prints - and bought one! I even met the real deal and took a snap shot with him!

Andrew Rae's illustrative style takes me back to University during my Illustrative classes doing comic narratives. He's my inspiration!

x
Mary

No comments: